In a world where people
use short words and small texts
to express their love,
I remain a fool,
writing books of love and life
to the absence of her.
She has reached places within me
where even I had no clue existed.
Whenever I see her,
the world pauses for a moment.
I always search for reasons to stay,
for every road in my life
leads only to her.
By day,
I am stalked by her thoughts.
By night,
I am haunted by her memories.
She walks through my sleep
and finds her way
into my dreams.
So it no longer matters,
day or night,
awake or asleep,
restless or exhausted,
she always remains.
She thought I wore a mask,
never realizing
that with her, I had already taken it off.
She thought I was pretending,
yet with her, I was always real.
I am in love with the only thing
that can truly destroy me,
and it does.
Hatred for her in my heart
would make it stop beating.
Yet hatred for me in hers
flows like a river,
without end.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment