When the sun goes down,
and the moon becomes visible,
the pain of her rises again
when I try to relax or sleep.
During the day,
my mind stays busy.
Work, conversations,
and small things around me
keep me away from thinking about her.
But when the night becomes quiet,
there is nothing left to distract me.
That is when her memories return.
There begins the fight
between sleep and pain.
I want to sleep,
but my thoughts keep waking me.
And when I cannot sleep,
the pain feels even stronger.
My pain is always with me,
but during the day,
I can keep it hidden.
At night,
when everything becomes silent,
my heart feels every bit of it.
I remember her smile,
her words, her presence,
and all the moments
I cannot bring it back.
This pain is not just a thought.
It is something I truly feel.
Sometimes the mind,
the heart, and memories
all come together
and make the pain heavier.
Maybe that is why the night feels so long.
When the world sleeps,
my heart stays awake,
still carrying the pain of missing her.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment