I wish I had told her
when she dared me to say,
"I Love You," just once.
Maybe the weight inside my heart
would have become lighter.
Then I could have lived
the rest of my life in peace,
and one day accepted death
without regret,
because I had spoken
what my heart truly felt.
Some people express love
through beautiful words.
I wanted my actions
to speak for me.
But my actions could not carry
all the love hidden inside my heart.
One look from her eyes
felt like a warm spring after a long winter.
My love was never about big promises
or grand gifts.
It was like nature, quiet, simple,
and always there.
I loved her truly.
I wished her eyes would become
the place where my tired soul
could finally rest.
I wished she would see not only my smile,
but also my scars, my silence,
and my flaws, and still choose to stay.
That kind of love
would feel like home,
where even the smallest moments
become memories that never fade.
And when she dared me
to say those words,
I only wish I had looked into her eyes
and whispered,
"I Love You."
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment