A special kind of silence follows
when I finally realize
that she doesn’t miss me back
the way I miss her every day.
When I go through all the emotions,
scroll, recall, and remember the past,
there is a silence where my heart
is finally tired of its own screams.
Between regret and denial,
a soft whisper within me says,
missing isn’t love anymore;
it has become a habit now.
I miss the version of me that believed
that hope, trust, and love were enough.
This heartbreak showed me
where my boundaries should have been,
as I poured endlessly into her.
Now, every time I check her social media,
reread messages, or even think,
“I wonder what she is doing,”
my brain releases dopamine,
the chemical of hope.
My mind is seeking its old supplier again,
replaying a comfort I no longer need.
Time destroyed my delusion,
and it wasn’t fate or karma that ended it;
it was imbalance.
I was giving, she was taking.
And imbalance never sustains love;
it sustains longing.
I forgot my humour, my fire,
my curiosity, all the things that made me who I was.
I finally understood
what not to give away
so easily next time.
By
Sanji-Pail Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment