Thursday, June 25, 2026

My Only One


She is just one soul on this Earth,
and Earth is only one among
3.2 trillion planets
in this vast galaxy.

The Sun is one among
200 billion stars
in the Milky Way,
and the Milky Way is only one
of two trillion galaxies
in the observable universe.

How the earth, galaxy
and universe is one among many,
so is she to me,
one in a billion.

Even knowing all this,
I do not know how or why
my heart still longs
for her alone.

Every time I think of her,
my breathing changes,
my heartbeat quickens,
and my mind forgets
everything else.

My prayer is her existence,
and I never hesitate to kneel.

As long as she breathes,
moves, and lives life
the way she wishes.

I do not want merely
to be with her.
I want to dissolve.

One day,
my love may feel too heavy for her,
that someone could exist this devoted.

I ask for nothing
except her existence on Earth.
Not her presence, not her love.

I loved her even on the days
When it felt like I was in hell.
She holds my entire world,
and it is up to her,
whether it becomes
heaven or hell.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...