Thursday, June 25, 2026

The Prison of Love


Her charm attacked my mind
her beauty captured my thoughts,
occupied the parts of memories,
and her soul took over mine.

She sliced my heart with her smile,
and pierced my sight with her grace.
She intoxicated me with her eyes,
and kills me with her grace.

I do not know why my heart
constantly thinks of the only one
that I wish to forget
It feels like my mind has gone crazy
and my heart has gone insane.

After getting separated,
I never felt the distance from her.
But when I was near,
I never felt close to her either.

If heartbeat had names,
mine would have hers.
And if thoughts had faces,
mine would be hers alone.

Unable to understand,
what is my punishment?
Becoming close to her,
or getting separated?

Even after meeting, we stayed afar
even after talking, we remained quiet.
They said love sets us free,
but mine made me a prisoner,
and my prison has her name.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...