When I fell for her, it was effortless.
Everything about her felt special.
Her smile brightened my day.
Her voice was comforting.
Even the smallest details about her seemed unforgettable.
My heart was filled with excitement,
as though it had discovered something for the very first time.
I saw only her best qualities
and imagined a future full of endless possibilities.
It was a phase where everything felt beautiful.
But it was also incomplete,
because I was falling in love
with who I believed she was,
rather than who she truly was.
As time passed, the perfect image began to fade.
I noticed habits that annoyed me.
I saw her stubbornness.
It no longer felt like a fairy tale.
Differences appeared, in our lifestyles,
our expectations, and the way we saw the world.
The fantasy I once held slowly disappeared.
That was when genuine understanding began.
For the first time, my vision was clear,
and I finally saw her for who she really was.
It was easy to stay when everything seemed perfect.
The real test came when disagreements arose
and imperfections became impossible to ignore.
Yet those imperfections created a different kind of bond.
I stopped loving her for who I imagined she could be,
and started loving her for who she truly was.
It took patience, empathy, and maturity.
The question was no longer,
"Was she perfect?"
It became,
"Was she worth choosing,
even with her imperfections?"
That question changed
the very foundation of love.
If I loved her only for what she could give me,
then it was never truly love.
I learned to love her without expectation,
without trying to change her,
and even when that love wasn't returned.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment