Even when I am surrounded by many people,
I still miss her.
But when I was with her,
I never felt anything was missing.
Sometimes I wish I had magic,
so I could pull her out
from every photograph
and bring her back for a moment.
Even now, I feel her pain.
Not because she belongs to me,
but because a part of my heart
still cares for her.
I have given up on her,
not because I lost interest,
but because she did.
My intentions towards her
were as pure as sunlight.
In love,
winning and losing never mattered to me.
The sun rises every morning
without asking anyone's permission.
My love is also like that.
It does not ask me whom to love,
and it does not ask permission
from the person it wishes to shine upon.
I still wish I could tell her
how much I love her.
Not because I want something in return.
Not even her love.
Just because it is true.
With her, I was a grown man
with the heart of a little boy.
That is how she changed me.
I stopped blaming her
for the ruins inside my heart.
After all,
I was the one who opened the door
and allowed her in.
My love alone
could not make her choose me.
Compatibility mattered.
Timing mattered, mturity mattered.
She cared for me,
yet she hurt me too.
Maybe she was still carrying
wounds she had never healed.
The strange thing is,
even her bare minimum
felt like comfort to me.
While I was giving my all,
I was grateful
for the little she gave.
And perhaps that is how I knew
I loved her more than she loved me.

No comments:
Post a Comment