We loved each other deeply,
but we could not truly fit.
Our hearts wanted the same love,
but life was written differently.
I was healing from old wounds,
she was chasing her biggest dreams.
Her future needed open skies,
mine was searching for peace within.
Life placed our hearts together,
then sent us on different roads.
I saw her, I chose her,
but I could not hold her close.
When I met her, she felt like home,
even while I was learning to live.
Her love gave me hope again,
but hope alone was not enough.
Love needs two hearts that are ready,
not two souls trying to heal each other.
Sometimes love is not the problem,
the timing is.
I will remember her forever,
because she showed me what love could be.
She was the right person for my heart,
but we met at the wrong time or a wrong world
and "almost love" hurts more than goodbye.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment