Thursday, July 16, 2026

In Another Universe



I hope, in another universe,
she chooses to love me.

The day I come to know that truth,
I shall carry it quietly,
and leave this world with that silence,
only to meet her again.

My love was never measured
by how loudly I confessed it,
but by how peacefully her heart beats
whenever I was near.

My last breath will carry an apology,
that I can no longer love you in this life.
And it will carry a curse for my own soul,
for having to leave this world without you.

I would punish these hands
that failed to hold yours,
this mind that did not think of you enough,
and this heart that could not love you enough
in the lifetime we were given.

I hope my absence brings you peace,
let it be my final gift.
There no one left on this earth
to love you as fiercely as I did.
Perhaps your heart
was never meant to carry mine.

And if leaving is the only kindness
I can still offer,
then I hope I leave without causing you pain.

For I loved you for real,
and if love survives death,
I shall love you still…

I hope, she chooses to love me,
in another universe.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...