I had my ears wide open for her,
like an ocean, vast and deep,
ready to receive her thoughts
her dreams, and everything on her mind.
Like rivers flowing into a sea,
I would have welcomed it all,
not to judge but simply to say "I'm always here".
I was drawn to her inner world,
not just qualities everyone could see.
I wanted to know what she thought,
what she dreamed.
With me, I would want her to be
thoughtful, messy, excited,
uncertain, emotional, or funny,
without ever feeling rushed.
Her work, her family,
a dream, a frustration,
a cherished memory,
or something she's still trying to understand.
I would love to have her sit
right in front of me,
only so I could listen to her heart and mind.
Even honey would taste bitter
compared to the sweetness of her voice.
If a tune were set around her words,
even nature would hum along.
Every word she speaks
would turn into a lyric in a song.
I had a lifetime's worth of time
to listen to her,
to that soothing, comforting voice,
my soul is always eager to hear.
And every time she finished,
my heart would ask
"Tell Me More".
Listener
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment