I still remember those happy days,
when one chat brightened my heart.
Today we smile when we meet,
but our roads slowly moved apart.
Life became busy for everyone,
work, family, and many duties came.
No one forgot me with anger,
but friendship was never the same.
I wished for late-night talks,
like we shared in younger years,
With coffee, tea, cigarettes and sometimes beer,
long conversation about everything in mind.
I searched for the reason inside me,
thinking maybe I had changed.
Then I saw life changes people,
and every friendship gets rearranged.
I learned not to hold anyone tightly,
or expect the old days to stay.
True memories never leave the heart,
even when friends walk another path.
Today I carry those moments with love,
without any anger or blame.
Friendship has changed, and so have we,
but cherished moments will remain in my heart forever.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment