Monday, July 6, 2026

The Her, That My Mind Created


I only saw her a few times,
just a brief conversation.
I noticed her from a distance,
and suddenly she started occupying my thoughts
more than she probably should have.

I found myself wondering what she is like,
imagining future conversations,
and feeling excited whenever I saw her.

I knew very little about her,
her personality, her values,
her habits,or her goals,
yet I felt strongly drawn to her.

I developed feelings for her,
even though most of it was just imagination.
My mind started writing stories about her,
about what a relationship with her could be like.

I was attracted more to the version of her
that I created in my mind.
That imagined version slowly became more appealing
than the real her.

My feelings were based on possibility, not reality.
Her presence created excitement and anticipation,
triggering a sense of happiness within me.

Emotionally, it felt very real and enjoyable,
and somewhere inside I felt I needed this feeling
to continue in my life.

She slowly became the focus of my attention,
even though I knew very little about her.
The more I was around her,
the more familiar she felt.
And familiarity created comfort,
which slowly turned into attraction,
and her attraction turned into affection.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...