Monday, August 17, 2026

Love Without Reason and Explanation


If I have to love her
with an explanation,
I have none.
If I have to love her
with reasons,
I have none.

Because my love for her
was never created from a list
of reasons that I could explain.

Seeing her happy
is all I ever needed.
Every time I see her smile,
I fell in love with her again.
Her happiness makes my heart happy
in a way I cannot explain.

I wish all good things
would reach her
without her even asking for them.
Somewhere in my heart,
I believe that wherever she is,
the universe is treating her with kindness.

Maybe this is the only explanation
I can give for why
I love her so much.

A broken heart inside a body
pretending to be complete.
A loving heart inside a mind
that keeps telling it to let go.

Sometimes I feel
I am finally healing from her pain.
And then, the next day,
one memory of her
brings all the pain back.

I deleted everything that reminded me of her.
I stopped checking for her online.
I stopped looking for signs of her.
I am trying to move on.

But every time I hear her favourite song,
taste her favourite food,
or catch a scent that reminds me of her,
I find her again.

Sometimes it brings a smile to my face.
Sometimes it brings tears to my eyes.
But slowly,
I am learning something.
I don't have to forget her
to move forward.
I don't have to stop loving her
to start living again.

Some memories will stay.
Some feelings may never completely disappear.
And maybe that is okay.
Because she was once
a beautiful part of my life.

Now, I am slowly building my life again,
not without the memories of her,
but with the strength
I found it while learning to live without her.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...