Sometimes,
I get angry at nature.
What if the sun burns her skin
and leaves her suffering in its heat?
What if the rain touches her
and brings her cold and fever?
What if the winds carry something harmful
and cause pain to the one I want to protect?
What if the fire, even by accident,
reaches her and leaves a mark on her?
What if the oceans rise
and make her life difficult?
Then I wonder,
why does the world have to be so powerful
when it cannot even protect someone so precious?
And sometimes,
I even get angry at the gods.
What if they decide
to take her away from this world?
What if they create a silence
that my heart can never survive?
Because losing her
would not only break my heart,
it would disturb the balance
of my entire world.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment