Every time I stand in front of a mirror,
I see only her reflection.
So I look away,
because the fire in her gave me warmth,
but its heat burned my heart.
Sometimes it hurts just to breathe,
because I love her a little more each day,
even though she may not feel the same.
I kept telling myself
that every wound was worth it,
that every pain had a purpose,
because nothing valuable comes easily.
So I waited for a version of her
that never came.
The same thing that set me free
was the same thing that broke me.
She is my beautiful disaster.
My heart still beats
to her song of love and pain.
I search for her
between the darkness and the light.
Her beauty is as constant as the moon,
and I could never let go of her,
no matter what.
I want to hold her in my arms.
In the warmth of her embrace,
I would simply melt.
I want to cover her skin
with gentle kisses,
each one a promise
to love her for as long as I live.
I want to spend the rest of my life
finding new ways to love her.
She will always be
my first thought every morning
and my last smile
before I close my eyes at night.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment