Saturday, August 15, 2026

My Soul Knew Her


My soul did not know her
by numbers, years, colour,
or physical beauty.
It knew her only through
her presence and the connection we shared.

I wish I had a thousand hearts,
because one is not enough
to love her.
I wish I had a thousand minds,
because one cannot hold
all the thoughts I have of her.

I wish I had a thousand hands,
so I could hold her forever.
I wish I had a thousand feet,
so I could walk beside her
for the rest of my life.

Every day I wake up,
I try not to think about her.
I try to stop loving her.
I try to heal.
I try to erase every memory of her.
But every day, I fail.

I fall asleep
wanting to stop loving her,
but I always wake up
loving her all over again.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...