I love her so much
because, through her,
I saw a version of myself
I had never seen
in my entire life.
With her, I felt like I was finally
with the right person.
The happiest version of me
only seemed to exist in her presence.
She became the only place
I never wanted to leave,
yet somehow, I couldn't even take
one step into that place.
And perhaps that is what hurts the most.
The only person I loved more than
anyone on this earth
became the person who could cause me
the deepest pain.
I wanted her to be the reason
behind my smiles.
I never imagined she would also become
the reason behind so many tears.
I never knew I could cry this much.
I could look at her for an entire lifetime
and still feel that it wasn't enough.
There was always something more
I wanted to see, something more
I wanted to know, something more
I wanted to love.
But her last words still echo in my ears.
I gave my heart to someone
who somehow knew
exactly how to break it.
And she left me with a kind of pain
I never knew existed.
I had heard stories about heaven and hell.
I never believed both could exist
in the same place.
Until I loved her.
She showed me heaven when I was with her.
And she showed me hell when I lost her.
And the hardest part was realizing
that both of them
existed in the same person,
the one my heart still longs for.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment