Friday, August 28, 2026

My Heaven and My Pain


I love her so much, for with her I could see
A version of myself I had never known to be.
I felt I was finally with the right one,
And in her presence, my happiest self was born.

She became the only place I never wanted to leave,
Yet I couldn't take one step there, no matter what I believed.
She felt like a home my heart longed to know,
A place I could see, but could never go..

My greatest disappointment, my deepest despair,
Was that the person I loved most could leave me there?
The one I loved more than anyone on this earth,
Caused me pain, I never knew since my birth.

I wanted her to be the reason for my smiles,
The reason my heart could forget all its trials.
But somehow she became the reason for my tears,
And I never knew I could cry like this through the years.

I could look at her for a lifetime and still feel less,
as she is something I had never witnessed.
A thousand years could pass endlessly,
yet I would still look at her differently.

Her last words still echo inside of my ears,
The words of her carried all my fears.
I gave my heart to the one I truly loved
And she became the reason for tears that overflowed.

She gave me a pain I never knew existed,
A wound that remained long after she resisted.
I had heard stories of heaven and hell,
But never knew they could exist in one person so well.

She showed me heaven while I was alive,
Then showed me hell and left me barely to survive.
And perhaps that is what my heart cannot explain,
How the one I still love became both heaven and pain.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...