I fell in love,
but she fell into distraction
and worldly validation,
as she felt those were more precious
than my love.
When I see her smiling with someone else,
I only wonder
if she ever thinks of me.
I only wish that when I see or hear her name,
it doesn't hurt me anymore,
and that I can find peace
where pain resides now.
All those pointless conversations
only mattered
because I was talking with her.
Now I cannot talk to others
the way I spoke with her.
Now I still talk,
but to her absence,
and all I hear is silence...
a silence that tells me
that she will never return.
I lost the only person
that I wished to be part of my inner world.
I can no longer give myself
to anyone
the way I gave myself to her.
She was the only person
I showed my true version to,
with my fears, my anger,
my happiness, my sadness,
all of them.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment