Saturday, August 29, 2026

My Heart as an Experiment


Once upon a time,
there lived a girl,
with an innocent face
and a comforting charm.

There was a time
when I never knew her.
Then, on an ordinary day, we met.

We spoke for no reason.
Somehow, there was a connection,
and I never knew
those conversations would leave
a permanent mark on me.

If I could keep just one memory of her,
it would be her smile.
Every time I saw her smile,
my heart exploded with happiness.
My mind felt as if it were high,
and the weight of her breath
could bring me down
from everything else in the world.

I loved her even when I knew
there was no future for us.
I didn't think, I didn't hesitate.
I simply loved her with all that I had.

I wish I had been prepared
to watch her move on
as if I had never existed.
To watch her be happy
while I am still trying to survive.

When I gave my heart
as an offering,
she treated it as if I had given it to her
to play and experiment with it,
only to see how many times
it could break.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...