Sunday, August 30, 2026

My Edited Version Remains


Everything disappeared with her,
the version of myself
that brought me the utmost happiness,
and the feeling
of having to wait for her.

My heartbreak was surprisingly confusing,
as I knew the relationship wasn't right.
I am grieving a version of my life,
a version of myself
that existed when I was with her.

Now she is partof my identity,
and when everything ended,
parts of my life
also disappeared with her.

I miss being her priority,
when she wanted something from me,
when she chose me
without me having to ask.

I remember all the beautiful moments,
but I don't want that relationship.
I feel sad about losing it,
but I know the breakup was necessary.

I am not stuck because I want her back.
I am stuck in the past,
inside an edited version of myself.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...