It feels as though
this has happened
in every lifetime.
My soul has found hers
again, and again, in every lifetime,
as a parent, a sibling,
a lover, a friend,
a partner, a teacher,
always in a different form.
Maybe that is why
I still cannot let her go from my heart,
even though I have let her go from my life.
Maybe, for the first time,
I felt I could not live in a world
where her presence did not exist.
When I departed my previous life
perhaps I left too soon
hoping I would find her again.
Perhaps I arrived here
far too early,
not knowing when she would come.
And when we finally met,
it was already too late.
Half of my time
had already slipped away,
while hers still stretched ahead.
I could not reach her
when there was still enough time.
Yet I remain here, wondering:
Where is my place
in the world she carries?
For she holds within her
a universe I could never measure.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment