She is always
close to my heart every single moment.
She is the sweet nectar of my life
the truth my soul whispers.
Every morning brings me the freshness of her face.
Every evening, the hem of her dupatta
sways before my eyes.
Every night brings with it
arrives with a procession of memories.
And with every breath,
I wish to find her fragrance,
a soft, a sweet message,
carried by the air,
reminding me that somewhere
in the world she exists.
She might wonder
why I love her so much.
She might think
I have lost my mind
when I speak of her like this.
Maybe I have...
Because even my heart
beats to the rhythm of her name.
And some nights,
she visits me in my dreams.
For those few moments it feels
like the universe is whispering a secret...
this could be a sign,
maybe our souls are meant to find
their way back to each other.
Yet now we are just strangers.
I remain with a question…
Why do I feel so close to her?
What kind of bond can survive
distance, silence and time.
I whisper the question hesitantly to myself,
that still pulls me toward her.
Perhaps I am the moth and she is my flame.
perhaps I already know that going close to her
means getting burned.
But the joy of burning toward the flame,
only the moth knows .
So, let me keep finding her in my dreams.
Let me keep flying toward her,
even if every visit burns me,
let me burn, let me become ashes.
Because love this deep
even the destruction cannot make me
to stop loving her.
I will rise again, like the phoenix
from the ashes to my own heart.
And when I rise I know where
my wings will carry me,
back to her
only to love her again.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment