I try to quiet my mind.
But it never listens.
my thoughts refuse to leave me alone
somehow they always find their way back to her.
When I drift into our memories,
some are beautiful, some are painful.
For a moment,
I can almost feel her beside me
even after telling myself
a thousand times to let her go.
But she was never that easy to forget.
I never imagined
someone could become
such a part of me
that letting go
would feel like losing a part of myself.
I will carry pieces
of our story with me forever.
Maybe someday our roads will cross again.
Maybe they won't...
Fate never asks permission
before changing the course
of life and what it offers.
So, I let myself remember...
her smile, her warmth,
the moments that made
the rest of the world disappear.
I stopped trying to erase
what once made me happy.
This is what love leaves behind
when two people can’t quite find their way
back to each other.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment