Saturday, September 5, 2026

A Thousand Reasons To Love


I had a thousand reasons to love her.
I could make a list, one by one,
of everything I loved about her—
her smile, her voice, her hair,
and the way I felt when I was around her.

There were so many little things I noticed about her,
so many memories I wish I could relive.

And even after all of that,
there was only one reason to stop.

My love didn't disappear suddenly.
It didn't make me believe
that she was a bad person overnight.
Sometimes, love alone isn't enough.

When I had to beg to be chosen,
when I had to question where I stood in her life,
and when I had to make myself smaller just to stay,
I realised something.

I had a thousand reasons to stay.
She had only one reason to leave.
And she left without an answer,
without a goodbye.

I realised that I can love her deeply
and still accept that she wasn't meant to stay.

And even if God gave me a choice
between heaven and her,
I would still choose her.
Because to me,
she is my heaven.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...