She arrived
at a time when I needed her most.
She showed me that love
isn't always heartache and pain.
For the first time,
I saw another side of love,
something gentle,
something I had never known.
My broken soul,
which had forgotten how to feel,
slowly began
to let the light in again.
She remains beautiful to me,
like a pearl hidden inside an oyster,
quiet, rare,
and born from something
that once hurt.
But now, between us,
silence speaks louder than words.
And distance
is the only closeness we have left.
I slowly became comfortable
with her distance,
with her silence.
And when the time came,
I let her go...
not with hatred,
not with anger,
but with gratitude
for everything she had been to me.
She left.
And perhaps
that was her final lesson.
She had once shown me
that love could be more
than heartache and pain.
And then, in the end,
she showed me that sometimes...
love is exactly that,
heartache and pain.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment