I still remember her eyes
I saw a new universe in them
I wanted to lose myself in
without ever feeling lost.
Her little details
became so important to me,
like the curves on her lips,
the hairs on on her eyebrow,
that little shine in her eyes,
and the glow on her face,
how her hair slips from her ears,
the shape of her ears,
and the bend on her nose,
The depth in her navel,
the length of her fingers,
those small cracks in her heal,
all those little toes on her feet,
all the highs and the lows.
All the sharp, beautiful, almost unreal parts,
in the way they stay in my memory.
Never knew why those little details
became so important to me.
Between looking into her eyes
and remembering her smile,
something inside was born.
I felt like I want to live again
Not to exist, not to survive another day,
Only to feel life moving through me.
This is what her arrival awakened in me
for a short time the whole world
felt beautiful simply because
she was in it.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment