Thursday, September 3, 2026

A Painful Love



She will never know
my real fights with myself.
How many times I have held my own hands,
which they always wanted to hold hers.

How many times I have stopped
my heart from jumping
whenever she was near.

How many times I have closed my eyes
whenever she smiled,
so, i wouldn't watch her lips
when mine wanted to kiss hers.

Every time she was close,
my body wanted to hug her tight,
and I can't explain
how difficult it was to stop myself.

Somehow, the urge to reach her,
has finally gone.
As her silence has me now
and I stay where I am.

I still remember the way
she treated me for the first time
and the way she treated me the last time.

And it is strange,
how a connection that lasted
such a short time can leave behind
so much to remember.

It is never just love
It was never just pain,
but it was painful love.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...