Wednesday, September 2, 2026

She Felt Like Home



The universe gave me a choice…
Happiness, to love her
and have her beside me
for a few days,
or
the pain of loving her
while staying away from her for years.

I could have chosen a few days of happiness.
Instead, I chose the pain.

Because somehow, loving her for years
felt more beautiful than having her
for only a few days.

Every time I tried to mend my broken heart,
someone came along and broke it again.
But after she broke it,
I stopped trying to fix it.

Not because I stopped believing in love,
but because I no longer wanted
to open my heart to someone else.

My heart had filters.
Not everyone could enter.
Those who did were mesmerized by its beauty,
but somehow,
most of them still found a way to leave it broken.

I gave access to many
simply because I liked them.
I trusted too quickly.
I forgave too endlessly.
I mistook familiarity for loyalty.

I thought knowing someone
meant they knew me.
I thought staying close
meant they would stay true.

Life taught me otherwise.
Not everyone who enters your life
deserves a permanent place in it.
Some people are visitors.
Some are lessons.
Some are wounds
disguised as love.

And then she came.
I didn't give her a place
that already existed.
I created a new one.
Because I noticed her energy.
Her intentions, her consistency.
But more than anything,
her character.

There was something about her
that didn't ask me to lower my guard.
Something about her
that made trust feel natural.

She didn't feel like someone I had just met.
She felt familiar.
Like a soul I had somehow known
long before our paths crossed.
Like a place I had been searching for
without knowing its name.
She felt like home.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...