She thinks she broke my heart,
but it was I who let her do,
as I loved her truly,
so I allowed the universe
to finish what it started.
However hard we build ourselves,
the body we cared for, the money we spend on,
the one which we protected, at the end
we cannot carry it.
Everything, every person I cared for
once their purpose is fulfilled,
have eventually left.
She came and she left in such a manner,
but my love will remain until my last breath,
and that was, and still is, my promise.
Maybe she loved me too much,
in another life, in another timeline.
Maybe I am repaying the debt
by loving her back in this one.
I thought of one hundred reasons
not to love her,
but there was still one reason...
What I felt for her was true.
And I really don't care,
if she comes back or not.
When I was wrong, I said sorry,
but she rewrote the whole story
in her mind, that I was wrong,
and nothing could change that.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment