Before, I used to think
Death is the end of everything.
One last breath, one last goodbye,
and then nothing remains.
But hisotry teaches me something else.
It says no action is ever lost.
Every good deed, every wrong step,
every word I speak
leaves a mark on my soul.
When my body dies,
I cannot take my money with me.
I cannot take my house, my job,
or the respect people give me.
Even my name will slowly fade.
But one thing stays with me.
My deeds.
The way I lived.
The way I treated others.
The truth I followed.
The righteousness I carried in my heart.
That becomes my companion
when I leave this world.
Heaven is not forever.
Hell is not forever.
After experiencing the fruits of my actions,
my journey continues.
I come back again.
A new life.
A new beginning.
But carrying the unseen marks
of all that I have done before.
This thought makes me think deeply.
What happens after death
is not decided on the last day of my life.
It is decided today.
In every choice I make.
In every promise I keep.
In every person I help or hurt.
I understand that life is not only about success.
It is also about mistakes, learning, and growth.
None of us are fully good.
None of us are completely bad.
We are human.
And after death,
we see the complete story of our life,
the light and the shadow together.
So now I don't fear death as much.
Because death is not the end of my story.
It only shows me
what kind of story I have written.
And the pen is still in my hands today.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment