I can never forget the way she made me feel,
like I was special, like all was real.
She was the one I feared to lose,
the one I thought I would always choose.
She filled my days with hope and light,
and made my broken heart feel right.
She promised me she would never cause pain,
but slowly, she became the same.
Like people from my past who left me in tears,
she brought back my old fears.
In fact, she hurt me even more,
than anyone who walked out before.
Now it feels like she doesn't care,
as I fall apart and she is not there.
I wonder why she came my way,
if she was never meant to stay.
I wish I had known from the very start,
not to trust every word from her heart.
But life has taught me something,
not everyone who comes, stays till ending.
Some people are seasons, passing by,
like clouds that drift across the sky.
They leave behind silence, memories, and pain,
but also lessons that forever remain.
Some people are visitors, they come and go,
they dine and wine with us, then choose to forgo.
They leave behind silence, and memories to keep,
and pain that stays with us, buried deep.
Their footsteps fade, their voices disappear,
but some of the hurt remains year after year.
That is the burden of loving somebody,
and carrying memories that never leave fully.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment