Tuesday, June 30, 2026

Intoxication of Her


How can I forget
the way my heart felt beside her?

How will she ever know?
She saw me with her eyes,
but never with her heart.
She heard my words,
yet never listened to my voice.

Even if I intoxicate myself
with worldly things,
her face never fades from my vision.
That's when I realized
how intoxicating she truly is,
for I was always drunk in her presence.

I get intoxicated
by the glow of her face,
the sparkle of her eyes,
the curve of her lips,
the fragrance of her hair,
and the softness of her skin.
Every part of her
was its own intoxication.

All the world's intoxicants
cannot compare
to the high she gives me.

Now I wander the roads of thought
through the city called my mind,
drunk on her memory,
searching for a place to call home.

I replay our memories,
the beautiful ones and the painful ones.
When I find a happy memory,
I miss her, and it hurts.
When I find a painful one,
it hurts, and I still miss her.

Now even my pain has found a voice,
and it speaks only of her.
Poison could not kill me,
but my love for her
finished what poison couldn't.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...