Holding onto her is suffocating,
but she feels familiar.
Letting her go from my mind,
is terrifying
because beyond her lies uncertainty.
The chain between us
was not made of metal,
but of expectation.
So my heart chose
a known prison,
over an unknown freedom.
I wrote a story in my mind,
a story of us,
hoping it would last forever,
hoping for a happy ending.
But the universe
refused to follow my script.
And in that space
between reality and expectation,
I lost her, and I lost the dreams
I built around her.
For a long time,
I thought letting go meant giving up.
But I understand it is not rejection.
It is a release.
It is finding strength to do my part,
and trusting life to flow where it must.
One by one, the illusions I created,
began to fall apart.
Not so I could lose
but so I could return.
Return to myself,
unshackled by what was never
truly mine to keep.
And maybe that is what freedom is,
not holding on tighter,
but finally opening my hands to let her go.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment