not excited, not nervous, not afraid.
For the first time in a long while,
I simply felt at peace.
I always thought love would begin
with butterflies, racing hearts,
and unforgettable moments.
But with her, it was different.
There was no rush, no confusion,
only comfort and familiarity.
It felt as if I had known her forever,
even though we had just met.
Our conversations flowed so naturally,
without effort or planning.
Hours felt like minutes,
and silence never felt awkward.
With her, I never felt the need
to impress, perform, or pretend.
I could simply be myself,
and that felt enough.
Her presence brought relief,
not fear or uncertainty.
Being with her felt like coming home,
to a place I never knew I was missing.
The relationship was not perfect,
like every human connection.
But the bond we shared felt real,
deep, natural, and comforting.
Maybe that is why I loved her.
Not because of first impressions,
not because of excitement or attraction,
but because she felt familiar.
And when she left,
she took that feeling of comfort with her,
leaving behind questions, silence,
and a space that still feels empty.
Some people enter our lives loudly,
while others arrive quietly.
She arrived quietly,
but her impact remains forever.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment