Monday, July 20, 2026

A Date That Was Never On a Calendar


When we met and when we parted,
it all seemed uncertain,
But still it had a purpose.

My heart always walked
in the direction of hers,
guided by the universe itself,
not by lust, not by possession,
but by love.

I dreamed of a future
where her name was next to mine.
For I would have celebrated
even her smallest smile,
her silent victories,
as though they were my own.

I kept waiting for a day
that was never written
on the calendar of the future.

No matter where life takes me,
or who stands beside me,
a part of me will always remember
how I dreamed of being loved by her.

I spent countless nights praying
that, in the end, it would still be her.
People who leave our lives
are never truly gone
as long as they are remembered.

Their voice, their presence,
their warmth, their kindness,
they continue to exist
within the hearts that refuse to forget.

She turned me into a desert
when all I ever wanted
was to become a garden for her.
Now the pain of her absence
rests upon my head like a crown.

I no longer know
whether I am the king
of a kingdom built from heartbreak,
or merely the fool
who still carries the weight of loving her.

She crossed my path
as a stranger on an ordinary day,
yet became the most meaningful chapter
of my life.

Her forever was never meant for her presence,
but only for her memories.
And perhaps that is the cruelest kind of forever,
the one where love remains,
but the person does not.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...