I wait for someone
who has already let me go.
I wait for someone
who will never return,
for someone who no longer exists.
The woman I once knew
is no longer the woman she has become.
Every memory of her is beautiful,
yet those same memories
have become my greatest weakness.
I wish I could take my heart from my chest
and place it in her hands,
so she could see how wildly it beats
whenever she is near.
Every heartbeat becomes a melody,
and every note whispers only her name.
I wish I could take my mind apart
and lay it before her,
so she could witness how every thought,
without fail, finds its way back to her.
I wish I could let her hear my breath,
so she would know
that every inhale and every exhale
carry only her name.
Even the blood that flows through my veins
seems to carry her fragrance.
The DNA of my emotions
is written with her name.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment