Friday, July 10, 2026

A Love Never Meant to Be


I stopped looking for her,
I stopped caring for her,
I stopped crying for her,
I stopped expecting her,
I stopped regretting her,
I stopped waiting for her,
but I could never stop loving her.

My whole life may pass in loving her,
but she put my love to a test,
I was never meant to pass.
I held onto that one day
I would win her heart.
Was it my mistake
to love her so deeply?

I tried to awaken a melody
within the sound of her heartbeat.
I love her so completely
that I wished she would forget the world
and lose herself in my love.

For the thirst for her love,
This was the punishment I received.
My innocent heart is being tormented,
for the simple crime
of loving her.

Even when she is not in my sight,
I sing her praises,
like a devotee in prayer.

Now I wait for a peaceful sleep,
the sleep I lost
the day she walked away from life.
And I wait for a love
that was never meant to be.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...