Monday, July 13, 2026

A Pitiful Lover


Day and night,
thoughts of her have haunted me,
in endless longing,
I have called out her name.

Many living beings die in God's creation,
but my end bore only her name,
for I was killed
by the pain of her separation.

Crowned with my love,
she walks upon flowers,
she sways gently on a swing,
while carrying my heart with her.

There is modesty in her eyes,
and a smile upon her lips.
 cherished princess,
the darling of her family.
She smiles with radiant grace
and hums melodies like a nightingale.

All my dreams were made of glass,
now they lie shattered, scattered into dust.
My destiny turned from its destined path,
and vanished somewhere beyond my reach.

I cannot describe the torments I endure
whenever I to write of them,
the pen itself begins to weep.

She inflicted cruelty on my heart,
as a punishment, for loving her truly.
May no lover in this world
ever become as pitiful as I.

Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...