Maybe I was just a bandage,
once her wounds had healed,
she threw me away.
She will never realise
that someone like me
comes only once in a lifetime.
I let go of my pride,
I set my ego aside,
and carved out a home inside my heart,
where she could always feel safe.
She had all the hatred toward me,
I often find myself jealous.
No matter how much pain she caused,
I still cannot forget her,
nor can I bring myself to hate her.
I bargained with the devil,
and paid the price,
it was far too costly.
She will never know,
that even when I don't see her every day,
I still love her every day.
Every day I remind myself
to keep loving her, every day
and that is how each of my days pass.
Why should I fear the distance,
when she has become a part of me?
Why should I fear her absence,
when she never leaves my sight?
She never knocked,
she simply walked in and owned my heart,
as if it had always belonged to her,
then built walls around it
so no one else could ever enter.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment