that no longer has room for me.
My mind begs me to let go,
yet my heart still whispers her name.
I cannot erase the love
that was written upon my heart.
I am still standing among the ashes
of a love that once burned so brightly,
until I became the one left in the fire.
Her memory grows heavier
with every passing day.
My silence aches,and my pain
has become too loud to ignore.
My mind longs to heal,
but my heart still reaches for her.
My soul does not know
how to loosen its grip
on the love it once called home.
She may never know
that my love for her will remain
until my final breath.
I once promised her the world.
Whether I could have given it,
I will never know.
But the promise itself was honest.
I loved her even when love
became difficult,
even when every heartbeat
carried both tenderness and pain.
Her love became too expensive,
and without realizing it,
I began paying for it
with pieces of my soul.
I wanted to know about her dreams,
the quiet ones she never spoke aloud.
I wanted to know what broke her heart,
what made her smile when no one was watching,
what made her cry, what set her soul on fire.
I wanted to hear about her childhood,
the stories that shaped the woman she became.
And if I were ever asked to tell my own story,
she would be found in every chapter,
in every page, between every line.
I saw her skin. I held her body.
But what I truly longed for was her soul.
To know her beyond touch and desire,
beyond the fleeting language of flesh.
I wanted to learn every small detail
that made her who she is.
Because the deepest love is not found
in possessing someone's body.
It is found in endlessly discovering their heart.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment