I am sorry that I loved you truly,
and never stopped to ask how you felt.
I am sorry that I cared so deeply,
expecting nothing in return
except your happiness.
I am sorry that I wanted
to build a place in your heart
that felt like home.
I am sorry for being genuine,
for my love was honest,
and it was pure.
I am sorry that I wished only
for your happiness, until I forgot
how to find my own.
I am sorry that I gave you
all my time, while I was slowly
running out of it.
I am sorry that I could not love you
in a way you could receive,
even though I gave you everything I had.
I am sorry that my love felt like a burden to you,
when all I ever wanted was to be your comfort.
But now...
I am sorry that you made me feel
small enough to question my own worth.
I am sorry for the pain you left behind,
long after you had already walked away.
I am sorry that, because of you,
I began to believe I was unworthy of love.
I am sorry that my love, my care,
and my kindness were never returned.
I am sorry that you hurt me so deeply
that healing now feels like learning to live
with a heart that remembers everything.
And perhaps the greatest apology
I owe is not to you, but to myself,
for loving someone who could never hold
the love I carried.
You will never know
my "I Am Sorry" meant only one thing
I never wanted to lose you.
But I am sorry that I lost you.
- Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment