Yes I walked away,
not with hatred,
not with anger,
but with an open heart, by realising.
That I should not be the reason,
to destroy another person's fate.
Sometimes it felt like destiny,
it felt like love.
I questioned if the universe made a mistake,
by putting her in another person's arms.
But when I realised
after stripping away my illusion,
and the energy I was holding,
she had her life that didn't include me,
but I still wanted her,
which could have destroyed her dreams.
What could I build by destroying her life,
her dreams, her wishes...
Only a cemetery to live
with the dead emotions of her.
I could never create a future
by making her life fall apart.
I would have built
only destruction and not love.
My vision was blurred,
my attachment disguised as devotion.
I could never rewrite
what is written in fate.
Her soul had her journey,
she had her own lessons to learn.
She had her own path,
that I could never cross over
with what I want from her.
I could never build my reality by
destroying her reality.
So, I decided to let her go,
I could never be part of her journey.
I would never destroy her family,
her choices, her dreams, her wants.
The love I feel for her is true,
even if she could never accept it,
nor could she return it.
I would never want the universe
to rearrange her life for my comfort.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment