Saturday, July 18, 2026

I Loved Her Anyway



I wanted to make life easier for her,
even if it meant making mine harder.
I never counted what I gave,
because seeing her smile
was enough for me.

But sometimes, gratitude fades.
People forget
the sacrifices made for them,
and only remember
what you could not give.
People do not always change
because of love.
Sometimes they only act better
when they need you.

The deepest wounds are often given
by the people we trusted the most.
Some create the problem,
pull us into it, and in the end,
make us the villain
while they become the victim.

Kindness, care, and unconditional love
are often not valued.
They are simply used.
And the day you say "No,"
or choose yourself,
you suddenly become the bad person
in their story.

So in the end,
I did not just lose a relationship.
I lost the person
I loved with all my heart.
I still miss her.
Yet she may never even think of me.
That truth hurts.
She walked away
as if I had meant nothing.
I walked away too,
not because I stopped loving her,
but because I knew
I could never force someone to stay.

Maybe one day she will look for me
in someone else.
She may search for the same care,
the same patience, the same love.
But she will never find it.
The person I was when I loved
was the bestest version of myself.

I hope I will not see that day,
truly I cannot see her like that,
I will be gone, not with anger,
not with hate, but with silence.

Even when I knew we were never meant to be,
I loved her honestly.
Every conversation, every smile, every moment.
And if I had to choose again,
I would still choose to love her,
because my love was real,
even if our story was never meant to last.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...