Sunday, July 19, 2026

The Answer to My Prayer


When I prayed to God
to help me make her stay,
He answered not with a miracle,
but by showing me
why I needed to let her go.

He showed me
the way she ignored my presence,
and how I kept lowering myself
just to keep us together.

He showed me
the broken promises,
the truth hidden behind the lies,
and the love
that was never returned.

I gave her everything I had,
and she let me bleed.
She chose silence over honesty,
and I was left searching
for an answer that never came.

My prayers went unheard.
Every time I reached out to hold us,
the relationship slipped
further through my hands.

Maybe I was never perfect,
but I chose her without conditions,
without ego, without pride,
because my feelings were real.

I cared for her
even when she no longer cared for me.
Yet my love felt invisible to her,
as though I were
just another passing stranger
in the story of her life.

If only she knew
how deeply I loved her.
It was never complicated,
only simple, honest, and true.

Maybe one day, just maybe,
she will realise that she let go
of the only person who wanted nothing more
than to see her happy.

Because her happiness
had become my own,
and even while my world was falling apart,
seeing her smile
was enough to make my heart believe
that life was still worth living.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...