Saturday, July 18, 2026

What if She Wasn't Real?


She was the one I loved
the most in this world.
But what if I never truly met her?

What if the girl I loved
was only the one
my mind slowly created,
from small smiles, few words,
and silent moments?

My brain collected little signals,
what I saw, what I heard,
and built a whole person
from those broken pieces.

Maybe she existed only inside me,
not as she really was.
The girl I knew and the girl I describe
are not the same.
Maybe both are only dreams.

I have always seen myself in others,
finding my own feelings
inside their faces.
Perhaps everyone I meet
is partly made by my own mind.

The real her lives somewhere
I can never reach.
What if she was only an experience
my mind created?

Then maybe we never truly met,
yet somehow I still fell in love.
Maybe I loved my nervous system's
best guess of her,
a beautiful reconstruction,
living quietly inside me,
without me ever knowing.

And that is the strange sadness,
a heart full of love for someone
who was real, yet never fully known.
A relationship that felt completely true,
even if it never truly existed.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...