I become so selfish,
that I hate the ground she walks upon.
As her feet touch it,
and her shadow falls upon it.
I become so selfish,
that I want her voice only for my ears,
her hand to hold only mine,
and her heart to be home for me alone.
I become so selfish,
when she is with others,
wishing her presence were only for me,
that is how much I enjoy being around her.
I become so selfish,
I would want to be born as every person
she spends time with, loves and cares,
friends, family, and all.
I become so selfish,
that I wish to become the shine of the sun,
the glow of the moon, even the winds that touch her,
the oxygen she breathes,
so I could live inside and outside of her.
I become so selfish,
I envy everything blessed by her touch.
I wish to keep everything that she touches,
I would cherish all that her fingers have graced,
I want every trace of her to remain with me.
The only thing I would never envy
is the gods who created her,
rest all things on earth is something
and someone that I would envy.
And then I realised that
all my selfishness is like my love.
Which will never come true,
and what an idiot I am to love her like this.
By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:
Post a Comment