Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Our Time Is Done


I was so afraid of losing her,
even when I knew
she never truly belonged to me.
Though she had smiles for me,
and I had hugs for her.

The tragedy is that I keep begging
my own heart to survive on crumbs,
even though I know loving her only hurts.

She is the dream I laid aside
for reasons only I know.
When my life felt like a battlefield,
her love was the only place
where I could breathe with ease.

Often I feel I was destined to remember her
more than I was ever meant to know her.
We had just enough time to create memories
that will stay with me for years,
but never enough time to discover
every version of her I wanted to love.

In this chapter of our story,
she could not accept my love,
but I hope she one day recognizes
how deeply it was real.
Even if I can no longer reach out,
I still hope she will.

She became the one who fell silent.
I only wished she had not gone too far,
that she had stayed somewhere
I could still find her.

Because no matter
how many times we drift apart,
I know I will always find my way back to her.

Yet it feels as though our time in this life
has quietly come to an end.
She was my safest place,
and also my deepest wound.

And perhaps that is the cruelest part of love,
sometimes the person who brings you
the greatest peace
is also the one who leaves behind
the greatest pain.
-
Sanji-Paul arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...