Saturday, July 25, 2026

Something Between Us We Couldn’t Name



The greatest suffering is
suffering in silence and in loneliness.
My pain could never be spoken,
even if it did, it may not help understand others.
The depth of her sorrow
lives in the words I keep inside.

Sometimes I feel like
I want to be with her,
as my soul cannot imagine
to live without her.

Though I have met thousands of faces
she is the only one I long to see.
Her presence is the only thing
my soul expects to stay beside.

We were too complicated to become one
and we could never become good friends either,
the relationship we had had was different,
as we never even felt like strangers now.

So, I love her from a place,
where I cannot declare her as my love.
I feel like we crossed a line,
that we were not supposed to,
and we couldn't name our relationship.

The silence speaks in the distance,
all that we wanted to tell each other.
The world cannot know or hear,
what we truly wanted to be.

I loved her for real,
but I now pretend it never happened.

By
Sanji-Paul Arvind

No comments:

Post a Comment

எரிந்துபோன கப்பலில் எனது பயணம்

ஒளி மங்கும் அந்த இடத்தில், நான் இன்னும் உன்னைக் காண்கிறேன். நள்ளிரவின் கீற்றால் பிளக்கப்பட்ட இருளில் உன் முகம் தெரிகிறது; நீண்ட காலத்திற்கு ...